The Shumacher Group, Inc. has sold in just two weeks the GRINDHOUSE KILLER BURGERS located at 209 Edgewood Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30303 inside the Sweet Auburn Curb Market. This was an all cash deal with Seller being represented by The Shumacher Group, Inc. and Steve Josovitz.
Grindhouse Killer Burgers is one of the hottest restaurant concepts to hit town in years. Super popular and a neighborhood favorite especially at lunch for business folk, students and residents that work Downtown. Space is 1500/sf with counter seating for 20 with 25-seats in a shared area. Monthly rent is at $2520 per month “all in” plus gas which runs $90 to $120 per month. Established in 2009 as the prototype for testing and the spring board which has launched several additional units throughout Atlanta and Athens. This is the location that contributed to the burger craze and revolution that hit Atlanta by storm. Grindhouse Killer Burgers is critically acclaimed and loved by everyone for serving a high quality, affordable and delicious product that is always fresh and made to order and served with “love” by a super friendly staff that really cares about its guests.
Opened only six days week and closed on Sunday. Hours are only 11am to 3pm but could be expanded to almost six to take advantage of people looking to take home dinner. This business runs itself with KM and a combination of part time and full time staff members who will make transition a breeze for new Owner. 2013 sales with no effort on part of “Absentee Out of State Owner” was $236,398 with a net profit of $62,406.
The Sweet Auburn Curb Market is a historic municipal market located at 209 Edgewood Avenue, S.W., in downtown Atlanta, Georgia.
The market was originally established in 1918 on land cleared by the Great Atlanta fire of 1917. The market, set up in a huge tent, was an immediate success, bringing urban consumers direct access to farmers and their products. Wishing to give the curb market a more permanent home, the Atlanta Woman’s Club raised money for a fireproof brick and concrete building which opened on May 1, 1924, and was called the Municipal Market of Atlanta. At the time, it was located in the exact geographic center of Atlanta and quickly became “the place to shop” for every Atlantan. At that time, Atlanta was still living under racial segregation and whites shopped inside the market while blacks were only permitted to shop from stalls lining the curb. The market’s current name reflects that era.
Today the market welcomes all people and caters to business people, downtown and intown residents, as well as students from nearby Georgia State University. It is a favorite shopping place for family occasions and holiday meals – attracting shoppers from all over the state who are looking for specialty items sold at the market, such as chitterlings and collard greens. Vendors within the market are individually owned businesses and offer goods including meat, fish, baked goods, vegetables, fruit, nuts, coffee, flowers, plants, Caribbean groceries, prescription medication and more. Additionally, there are many restaurants located in the market, including several that have gone on to start stand-alone restaurants, such as Grindhouse Killer Burgers and Bell Street Burritos. The Market is seen by some as a place to incubate a small business.
The market operates as a nonprofit enterprise, with the building leased from the City of Atlanta and the individual vendors sub-leasing. The market underwent a renovation in the 1990s. Outside the main entrance stand two large sculptures by Atlanta artist Carl Joe Williams. The artwork was part of the city’s Olympic Art Program, which coincided with the 1996 Summer Olympics, held in Atlanta.
TO VIEW PHOTO GALLERY AND MAXIMIZE SIZE CLICK ON ANY PHOTO AND USE YOUR ARROW KEY TO ADVANCE.