Grindhouse Killer Burgers Franchise Opportunities.
First Time Offered.
Hot Metro Atlanta Food Court Location.
The franchisor will consider alternate locations.
- A $30,000 escrow payment will be due at closing, to be held in escrow by Shumacher, and disbursed on day 183 of business operations. It will be disbursed as described below.
- Royalties are 5% of gross sales.
- Franchise term is for 10 years.
- The franchisor has option renew for successive additional 5-year terms, if their lease continues at the location, with an additional $5000 franchise fee each time.
- The franchise doesn’t transfer to any other locations.
- No franchise payments due for first 6 months of business operations.
- On day 183 of business operations, the initial franchise fee of $10,000 is paid to the franchisor, out of the escrow funds.
- In addition, on day 183, the franchise fees (5% of sales) for months 1-6 are due, out of the escrow funds.
- The remaining escrow funds, if any remain, will then be returned to the franchisor.
- Royalties of 5% of gross sales per month due every month thereafter.
- Grindhouse has the right to charge a marketing fee of an additional 1% of gross sales per month. However, that fee will be waived for first two years of business operations.
- Franchise Agreement to be provided.
Grindhouse Killer Burgers served its first customer in 2009, inside the Sweet Auburn Curb Market in downtown Atlanta. The concept was created by Alex Brounstein, an Emory graduate and former real estate attorney, who had been working to jump-start the revitalization of Atlanta’s historic indoor public market.
Situated among seafood, meat and produce vendors, Grindhouse quickly became known as the place to get some of Atlanta’s best burgers in one of the most unique and fun atmospheres in the city.
In its first year in business, Grindhouse immediately began receiving “Best in Atlanta” awards from local publications such as Creative Loafing and Atlanta Magazine, for its hamburgers, veggie burgers and homemade brisket chili. Customers lined up for their fresh ground burger fix and stuck around for the campy B-movies and Kung Fu flicks projecting on the subway tile walls.
In 2011, Grindhouse expanded with the opening of its second, “flagship” 100+ seat location on Piedmont Avenue near Cheshire Bridge Road, a converted fueling station featuring a killer covered patio, giant Killer Burgers neon signage, and a full bar featuring its now infamous Boozy Shakes.
In 2013, Grindhouse added its first brand new, ground up location in the Five Points area of Athens, with a rooftop sports bar and patio. In close proximity to the campus athletic fields and venues, Grindhouse Athens has become the go-to destination for pre and post game festivities as well.
In 2016, Grindhouse added a fourth location in downtown Decatur, with a similar rooftop bar and patio design, and in 2017 will add a fifth flagship location on Memorial Drive. For those in need of a quick burger and beer fix before or after a flight, Grindhouse also has 2 locations in the T-Gates and D Concourse of the Atlanta-Hartsfield International Airport.
Click here to sign up for our free email alerts
to get new listings, price changes, updates and news.
If you need more information about this or any of our other listings,
please click here to electronically fill out our CA/NDA.